European Craft Organization is founded in Switzerland 1972
The administrative structure of the Organization is the General Assembly of Members, the Board and the Auditor.
- The purpose of the Organization in to preserve and develop craft in a traditional and modern way and to promote exchange og experiences.
- In order to achieve it`s objective, the Organization shall promote the interchange of experience among its members, organize meetings and conferences, create an official website and hold exhibitions and take further steps to promote its common cause.
- European Craft Organization consists of 11 non commercial Folk art and craft organizations in 10 different European countries. The member organizations are organized differently and please go directly to the individual homepage to have a broader information about each member.
- European Craft Organization is run by a board of three persons and one deputy member, elected at the General Assembly which takes place every third year. The General Secretary is in charge of the regular activity and handles questions etc.
- The election period is 2021- 2024 and the present board is:
General Secretary Mrs Solveig Torgersen Grinder, Norwegian Folk Art and Craft Association. Members of the board: Mrs Liina Veskimägi-Iliste, Estonian Folkart & Craft Union, Mrs Agneta Carlson, Swedish Handicraft Society and deputy-member Mrs Gabriella Igyarto, NESZ, Hungary.